This video shows how to manually calibrate the battery of the Acer Aspire One in an attemp to avoid critical battery failures that may trigger the “Black Screen of Death” problem.
Before you do anything consider this:
- If you belive your battery still has enough juice (lives for more than 1 hour), try to calibrate it using this tutorial.
- However if the battery is too old and calibration doesn’t work you should get a new one. This link takes you to a reliable seller with free shipping: http://bit.ly/acer-one-battery
- Charge the battery completely.
- Deactivate all hibernation and alarms. Set the power scheme to “always on”. Let the battery discharge completely.
- Charge the battery again.
(Username WBarts offered a little tip:
“You should Remove the battery from the cpu once drained and reinstall. Then Charge it up to full.”
I don’t know it fhis is necessary, but it deffinetly won’t hurt.)
This procedure can be repeated up to 3 times for a more thorough calibration. This process will not harm your battery.
For any questions, queries please do not hesitate to leave a comment in the queries page at the bottom of the page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on facebook