You receive an “Error 711: Cannot load Remote Access Service Connection Manager” error message when you create a network connection
Symptoms : When you try to create a new network connection, you may receive the following error message:
The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error 711 (0x2C7)
Incoming Connections depend on the Routing and Remote Access service which was unable to start. For more information, check the system event log.
You may also be unable to install network adapters.
Cause : This issue may occur if the following services are disabled:
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.
- Double-click Services and Applications, and then double-click Services.
- Right-click Telephony, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Manual next to Startup type.
- On the General tab, click Start under Service status, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 – 5 for the Remote Access Connection Manager service and for the Remote Access Auto Connection Manager service.
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
For any questions, queries please do not hesitate to leave a comment in the queries page at the bottom of the page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on facebook