Make sure you receive Device Manager reported error code 32 following:
“A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)”
Find the error code in the device Properties dialog box available in Device Manager, and resolve many of the errors within it.
- Make sure windows xp Device Manager open, and that the device that has the problem is selected.Recommended resolutions through Device Manager.
(1) Right-click My Computer, then click Properties.
(2) Select Hardware tab, then click Device Manager.
(3) Double-click the device type that has the problem. For example, if you have problems with your modem, double-click Modems to see the devices in that category.
A list of devices appears. If a device has problems, the device has a red exclamation point next to it. If a device is unknown (usually because of missing drivers), the device has a yellow question mark next to it.
(4) Right-click the device that has the problem, and then click Properties. This opens the device Properties dialog box. You can see the error code in the Device status area of this dialog box.
- Use the Troubleshooting Wizard, if it is available.
(1) On the device Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
(2) Click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard. The wizard asks you some simple questions and provides a solution to your problem based on the answers that you provide. If the Troubleshooting Wizard is not available, go to step 3.
(3) Follow the resolution steps provided by the wizard to resolve the problem.
(4) Check the Device status area of the device Properties dialog box to see whether the error is resolved. If the error is resolved, you are finished. Otherwise, go to step 3.
- If the Troubleshooting Wizard did not help you resolve the problem or was not available, locate your error code in this article.
Note If you cannot locate your error code in this article, contact Microsoft Support.
- Follow the recommended resolutions for 32 error code.
Check the Device status area of the device Properties dialog box to see whether the error is resolved. If the error is resolved, you are finished.
This computer error code 32 Cause
The start type for this driver is set to disabled in the registry .
Reinstall the driver for this device. If this does not work, you might have to change the device start type parameter in the registry.
Uninstall and reinstall driver
Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again.
You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.
- On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
- Restart your computer.
- Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.
Change the start type in Registry
This content is designed for an advanced computer user.
As a last resort, you can edit the registry directly if the driver is required, and if reinstalling or upgrading does not work. Change the start type inside the registry by using Registry Editor. For more information, see theRegistry Reference in the Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit
That is we find the informations to fix code 32 error in windows xp, hope our page is helpful to you, if you still need more guide detail, please contact the microsoft support for further help.
source – windowsxpregistrycleaner.com
For any questions, queries please do not hesitate to leave a comment in the queries page at the bottom of the page or contact us at email@example.com
Join us on facebook